While I may be UP at 4am I'm rarely eating anything before 6am or much later. I'm simply NOT a morning person! I can't eat as soon as I get up and need a little time to get my body "moving" so to speak. Unfortunately, that often leads to sometimes putting off breakfast longer than I really WANT to... aka "being lazy"! All too often I fall prey to putting off breakfast so long because I just don't feel like "making something" that in the end I indulge in a couple of "2 Point® Bars" (Special K® Bars, Fiber One® Bars, etc. that come out to 2 points®) which rarely pull me through until lunch. End result.... nibbling on things I shouldn't or gorging myself with what normally would be healthy "treats".... definitely NOT a breakfast option!
My issue may be somewhat similar to all of you out there that work outside of the house. You're busy, hectic, running around and simply don't have the time to stop and create something healthy, filling AND delicious. It's the age old "never any time for me" and basically why a lot of us have had weight issues... we put everyone else FIRST!
|4 Pt. Cajun Egg White Bagel Sandwich|
It's time to STOP and MAKE THE TIME for yourself. I am here to tell you.... if you start your day off with a satisfying breakfast, the rest of the day just seems so much easier to stay on track!
Here are some tips and ideas to make your breakfast a little easier and perhaps healthier, so your day starts off right:
- Chop Veggies and Keep them in baggies so you can quickly toss them into some egg whites for a sandwich or scrambled egg white omelette
- Make a bunch of pancakes ahead of time (I do this over the weekend usually) and freeze them. It's less expensive than purchasing the frozen types, just as fast and often healthier because YOU know what you're putting into them. Create different types with a "base" batter as you go along so you have some flavor throughout the week! (Add some frozen berries, bananas, even some chopped up low fat turkey sausage pieces to create a flavorful pancake) BE SURE TO MAKE THE PANCAKE THE PROPER SIZE so your serving sizes are on target and calories or points® are correct! When you're ready to eat them they easily go from freezer to microwave or toaster oven for an instant breakfast!
- Learn how to make the "omelette in a bag"! It's fun, easy and a quick way to cook up some egg whites for breakfast. Kids love this idea!
- Prepare Breakfast Sammies ahead of time, toss in a sandwich bag and then nuke at home if you have the time or just grab and go to the office with it! It's so easy to simply nuke your sandwich while you're pouring that cup o' Joe in the morning and it keeps you on track with a GOOD breakfast! (Not to mention the money you're saving by NOT doing the drive thru thing... or the calories.. UGH!)
- Breakfast Sandwiches don't have to be put on a bagel or bun, you can use some of those already prepared pancakes as your "bread", with turkey sausage, cheese and a touch of maple syrup (I swear by the Maple Sprinkles by GFS - Gordon Food Service to give my sandwiches and my pancakes that maple flavor without all the calories! A sprinkle is 0 points®!). Bagel thins are wonderful containers for those ingredients you love too, most are only 1 point® each! Naan bread comes in a variety of flavors too and can make an amazing egg white breakfast sammie!
- Leftover whole wheat pasta with some veggies or even mixed up with some egg whites make a filling and delicious breakfast treat. My fave way to use the leftover pasta is to add 3 egg whites scrambled, cook it up in a fry pan or microwave it all together, add a sprinkle of fat free parm cheese and YUMO!
- Pizza is one of my favorite food groups... okay so it's not a "food group" but it is one of my favorite foods! I love a slice of pizza (leftover from the night before or so) reheated as my breakfast. Make sure it's a weight friendly pizza and not one loaded with fats, meats, and such! Obviously if it's a slice that's 20 points® it's not figure friendly but some whole wheat crusts with low fat cheeses and lots of veggies makes a great dinner AND a terrific breakfast that's waistline friendly! OR use a Naan bread to create your own pizzas low in calories or points®! Eat half for dinner and half for breakfast the next day!
And please feel free to comment and share ideas for trying to live and eat "clean" and losing weight by changing to a healthy lifestyle!
the best results following the
Weight Watchers® program...
changing 1 lb or less losses to
an average of 3 lbs most weeks!
Check out this ALL NATURAL HERBAL SUPPLEMENT!
Mention Beverly's Blog "One Day At A Time" when you order
to get the best price available!
Don't forget to check out my newest Book Blog, where I give book reviews on recent books I've read. If you're a reader you'll want to check this out!
ONE DAY AT A TIME!
Like this article? Twit it to your followers!
Who Else Helps me get healthy?
These are just a few of the people online that inspire me along with AssistU....
Check out the Fab Fatties - tons of ideas, comic relief & great give-aways!
2. Joe Gigantino - Fitness Trainer
This is the guy that really set me on the path to physical fitness - Sign up for his FREE newsletter!
4. BWJEN - Another WW Buddy & A 'bookworm' too!?
6.Sean Anderson the formerly 500lb man!
Diary of A Winning Loser - Sean is an inspiration to anyone trying to get healthy!
*Note I am not affiliated nor endorsed by Weight Watchers® at all, in any way. I highly recommend their program and cannot say enough GOOD about it, but I also have decided that they were my "stepping stone" to making a change in my lifestyle. Any mention of Weight Watchers®, their program or their term of "points®" does not mean they have approved, seen, or endorsed anything on my blogs.
Also, if at any time Points® are mentioned it is always with the assumption that you will analyze the recipes, foods, ingredients and figure the points out specifically for your consumption of any product, as ingredients may vary by brand, size, etc. and Points® is a registered trademark of the Weight Watchers® company.