Here's a secret... IT'S HARD FOR EVERYONE TO EAT HEALTHY ALL THE TIME!!!!!!
It's not any easier for "skinny people" to eat healthy than it is for "fat people". Eating healthy in this country is simply put, nearly impossible without your desire to do so. On top of that, it's also something that once you get the knack of doing it you are STILL going to fall off the wagon on some days and eat things you simply know you really shouldn't! So if you think eating healthier foods is something that just suddenly happens to people and they magically lose weight you may as well just canter up to the dessert buffet and go nuts, die fat and happy & probably earlier than you planned. I'm sorry to be so blunt but I get SO tired of hearing others comment on how they simply CAN'T do it because it's too hard.
That being said, it's also not as hard as you might think it is to change your ways. Here are a few highlights on getting the job done:
- Be Realistic - If you love sweets you probably are not going to realistically go without ever treating yourself to sweets again. The same for snack foods, etc. Set realistic goals and know what your trigger foods are, keeping those trigger foods out of reach and use them once in a while. For me, ice cream is a huge trigger food. My solution? I buy individual serving sized ice cream treats, rarely have entire half gallons around and when I want to truly indulge I go OUT for a big huge bowl/cup of ice cream to get it out of my system and move on.
- Find Replacements - This is one of my best options. I know that I love sweets so instead of using high calorie, high fat, bad for me treats I've tried to find alternatives. Use yogurt for sweet treats. I love topping pancakes, Coco-Pops, a single cookie with frozen yogurt on it, etc. for my sweet treats. Using a quick squirt of a chocolate topping, a fat free caramel or other sweet items can quickly give me my sweets fix. Instead of frying, I have learned how to coat (using various low fat/high fiber items) and bake for a "just like friend" style treat. Find lower fat products on the market and put the extra money out if necessary. I love french fries and Alexia has created a wonderful potato alternative in so many different ways that you simply bake in the oven for a crunchy treat! Cheese is one of my favorite things and giving it up or using a totally fat free version is like torture to me! Instead, I purchase 2% cheeses to use on top of my burgers, chicken, etc. instead of the full fat versions. Find lower fat meats! One of my favorite replacements is a 95% Fat Free beef, easily found in most grocery markets (I buy mine at Wegmans) which comes out nearly fat free in the end as opposed to the cheaper 80% beef usually purchased. I use this low fat beef to re-create amazing burgers that mimic some of the "fast food" style burgers we crave!
- Notice Portions - Portion control is key. You can truly have anything you'd like in moderation and paying attention to the portion size recommended on the package will keep you from over-indulging. You did not gain that extra weight from eating one candy bar or one cookie! You gained that weight by over indulging in portions, like most of America! A "portion" of a protein/meat is about the size of a deck of cards! A single portion of pasta is about 1/2 cup!
the best results following the
Weight Watchers® program...
changing 1 lb or less losses to
an average of 3 lbs most weeks!
Check out this ALL NATURAL HERBAL SUPPLEMENT!
Use DISCOUNT CODE 112BP to get the best price available!
Ask for a free sample!
Check out my Daily Menu Food Log for a quick glance at what I'm eating to get where I'm at, which is a healthier & therefore thinner ME! While I don't always keep it up to date.. I do give you some different ideas of what might help you change up your daily menu!
Don't forget to check out my newest Book Blog, where I give book reviews on recent books I've read. If you're a reader you'll want to check this out!
ONE DAY AT A TIME!
Like this article? Twit it to your followers!
Who Else Helps me get healthy?
These are just a few of the people online that inspire me along with AssistU....
Check out the Fab Fatties - tons of ideas, comic relief & great give-aways!
2. Joe Gigantino - Fitness Trainer
This is the guy that really set me on the path to physical fitness - Sign up for his FREE newsletter!
4. BWJEN - Another WW Buddy & A 'bookworm' too!?
6.Sean Anderson the formerly 500lb man!
Diary of A Winning Loser - Sean is an inspiration to anyone trying to get healthy!
*Note I am not affiliated nor endorsed by Weight Watchers® at all, in any way. I highly recommend their program and cannot say enough GOOD about it, but I also have decided that they were my "stepping stone" to making a change in my lifestyle. Any mention of Weight Watchers®, their program or their term of "points®" does not mean they have approved, seen, or endorsed anything on my blogs.
Also, if at any time Points® are mentioned it is always with the assumption that you will analyze the recipes, foods, ingredients and figure the points out specifically for your consumption of any product, as ingredients may vary by brand, size, etc. and Points® is a registered trademark of the Weight Watchers® company.